Milk and Sport: A Healthy Legacy, 2012
9 October 2012, Institute of Physics
The Dairy Council held its Milk and Sport: A Healthy Legacy conference on the 9th of October at the Institute of Physics in London. The programme for the day was as follows:
- MilkIt - an overview - Dr Judith Bryans, Director, The Dairy Council
- Milk and Recovery: A review of the evidence - Dr Emma Stevenson, Northumbria University
- The Role of Milk for Rehydration: A focus on exercising children - Kim Volterman, McMaster University
- The Diet of an Olympic Athlete: A practical look at the nutrition of our greatest team - Wendy Martinson OBE, Lead Nutritionist British Rowing, and Dr Kevin Currell, Senior Performance Nutritionist, British Triathlon
- The Olympic and Paralympic Legacy - Tim Lawler, CEO of SportsAid
The afternoon session took the form of a panel debate on sports supplements. The discussion was Chaired by Dr Lewis James from Loughborough University and the panellists were Dr James Betts, University of Bath, Professor Kevin Tipton, Stirling University, Suzane Leser, Vice Chair of ESSNA and Nutrition Manager for Volac International and Dr Kevin Currell, Senior Performance Nutritionist, British Triathlon, Canoe Union and Speed Skating.
Available presentations from the morning session can be downloaded below.
You need a copy of Adobe Reader to view PDF files. If you don't already have it, you can download the free Adobe Reader
from Adobe's web site.