Nutritional analysis per serving (approximate)
Energy 130kcal, Fat 9.9g, Carbohydrates 7.8g, Fibre 0.4g, Protein 2.2g, Salt 0.1g
Meal Type: Snack
Costs per serving: 7p (recipe 67p)
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Makes: 10-14 Biscuits
These indulgent savoury biscuits are as simple to make as they are delicious. Perfect on their own, or topped with pickle or chutney and a piece of ham.
- 100g Butter – diced into small cubes
- 100g Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Dried Rosemary
- 40g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Mix butter, flour, cheese and rosemary together. Bring to a dough (you should not need to add any water to do this), place in a bowl, cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to around 160C.
- Roll out the dough to around 5mm thick and cut into small rounds (3-4cm). The left over dough can be rolled out again.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with a non-stick mat or some baking parchment. Do not put them too close together as they will spread a little.
- Brush the top of each with a little milk and place into the oven. Cook for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and leave to sit on the tray for 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully remove to a cooling rack. When they are nicely cooled, they are ready to serve.
- They can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Last reviewed: 03/2017
Next review due: 03/2019