The Dairy Council is committed to your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use your personal information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address: The Data Protection Co-ordinator, The Dairy Council, 210 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EP.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect and process the following personal information:
- Your name;
- Company Name;
- Personal or company postal address;
- Personal or company email address;
- Personal or company landline or mobile telephone number;
- Other contact details;
- As well as other non-sensitive personal information;
- Your job title or job role
- Company business information
If you use our websites, we may also collect information about you or your computer when you browse to allow you to use the services available, and also collect anonymous information about you or your computer for analysis to support continual improvements to our services to the industry.
We are legally permitted to collect, hold and use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- For the purposes of our own legitimate interests. The Dairy Council believes we have a legitimate interest in being able to provide our registered users with publications they order, mail outs and emails they have opted in to receive. Where appropriate this sometimes requires us to collect and use personal information about individuals. We only use this legal basis where these interests are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights.
- Where we have a contractual relationship with you and this requires us to process your personal information in order to fulfil the contract. For example, attendance at one of our events.
- To administrate competition entries, in order to notify winners and post prizes.
- If the law requires us to process personal information.
Sometimes, we will ask you for your agreement to process your personal information. This is particularly the case when we wish to collect or use any special categories of personal information (see below).
Data protection law recognises certain “special categories” of personal information, which include information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic information, biometric information for uniquely identifying a person, information concerning health, and information concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
These special categories are considered particularly sensitive and The Dairy Council will only collect and use this information where we have your explicit consent or where we consider it necessary to do so. For example, dietary requirements when attending one of our events. We will only use this information for the particular event and not for any other purposes.
Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information that we collect about you to deliver our various services. We also process your personal information where we are required to do so by law, and for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any of our communications.
If we intend on using your personal information for any other purpose, we will let you know how we intend to use it when it is captured.
We will only process your personal information for the specific purposes listed above or for any other purposes specifically permitted by law. Your personal information will only be processed to the extent that it is necessary for the specific purposes listed above.
Storage of Your Personal Information
We will only retain personal information if it is required for a specific purpose. We have a statutory duty to keep certain records for a specified minimum period. We will not retain any data for longer than 5 years. We will also retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.