Nutritional analysis per serving (approximate) DESSERT
Energy 139kcal, Fat 1.4g, Carbohydrates 20.5g, Fibre 4.3g, Protein 9g, Salt 0.2g
Nutritional analysis per serving (approximate) SHORTBREAD
Energy 248kcal, Fat 14.3g, Carbohydrates 26.9g, Fibre 1.1g, Protein 2.4g, Salt 0.01g
Meal Type: Dessert
Costs per serving: £1.25
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Makes: 4-5 Servings
A simple, quick and cheap dessert ready in minutes. Great on its own, but even better with this delicious homemade lavender shortbread.
- 100g Lemon Curd
- 300g Greek Yogurt
- 1 Punnet Raspberries
- 85g Butter
- 40g Sugar
- 125g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Dried Lavender Flowers (if you can’t find any lavender other herbs work well too)
- Beat the butter, sugar and lavender together. Stir in the flour. Bring together to form a dough and knead very lightly for a couple of minutes.
- Place in a bowl, cover and put into the fridge for about an hour.
- Meanwhile make the dessert. Place a small teaspoon of lemon curd into the bottom of 4-5 glasses or ramekins.
- Place the rest of the lemon curd into a bowl and mix in the yogurt a little at a time.
- Top the glasses/ramekins with the yogurt/lemon curd mix.
- Crush the raspberries a little and place on top. Cover and place into the fridge until needed.
- Preheat your oven to 170C. Remove the shortbread dough and roll out on a floured surface to about 5mm thick.
- Cut into biscuits (your choice of shape) and place on a baking tray lined with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Prick all over with a fork and place into the oven. Cook for 20 minutes. They should be pale, but cooked through. Remove and leave to cool on the tray for 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully move to a cooling rack.
- Serve each dessert with a couple of shortbreads on the side.
Last reviewed: 03/2017
Next review due: 03/2019